Long before the first Spanish settlers arrived, there was an Indian village in what we call Palm Valley today.
In 1908, a canal was dug through Diego Plains connecting the San Pablo River to the north with the Tolomato River near St. Augustine to the south. This intracoastal canal made access to the valley much easier for the residents that had settled in this area. In addition to raising cattle, they farmed, logged, and sold palm fronds to religious groups. The many palm trees growing in the region led some of the settlers to decide on the name Palm Valley for their community.
Palm Valley remained a quiet area of the Beaches, between A1A and U.S. 1. There were many farms where produce and livestock were raised. The development of the Beaches has also affected Palm Valley. Today most farms in the valley have disappeared, opening the land for luxurious residences overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. Nocatee and Ponte Vedra are both within minutes of Palm Valley.
©2019 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on June 24th, 2019 at 9:38pm EDT.